I Forge Iron

bending pipe

FieryFurnace

That is real tight. Looks like a guy could bang out a whole set of those in a day. The factory dies are nice but those look just as good, and if the end result is the same....

Kinda on the same topic I had a guy in the shop yesterday who does large scale bronze casting for sculpture at a big foundry in Denver and he said there's trend towards fabrication in the "arts" because of material cost.

Thanks for the pics, you are going to get some mileage out of those dies. Must be getting hot in Tucson.

That is real tight. Looks like a guy could bang out a whole set of those in a day. The factory dies are nice but those look just as good, and if the end result is the same....

Kinda on the same topic I had a guy in the shop yesterday who does large scale bronze casting for sculpture at a big foundry in Denver and he said there's trend towards fabrication in the "arts" because of material cost.

Thanks for the pics, you are going to get some mileage out of those dies. Must be getting hot in Tucson.

Hot in Tucson? It just getting warm now, been in the upper 80's low 90's this week. Spring is here for sure.

My friend Doug Thompson who showed me how to make these dies has had luck making them all the way up to 1" SCH pipe sizeing up the material as you go. He uses round stock as spokes like on a wagon wheel for the center. I think a piece of plate is better.

You might try a pully set up for a c belt . That belt is usually about the right size for a pipe like you are talking about. lawn mowers & farm equipment use a lot of these. You should be able to find one cheap. Just pin it to something and pull the pipe around the sides will keep it from kinking. Stick a strait rod inside for leverage and help hold the part you don't want to bend strait.

I hope this helps. I have used this several times in a pinch.