I Forge Iron

Moved the LG yesterday

Thanks again to everyone for the input in my thread asking how to move a LG.
After waiting for the snows to melt and rains to stop, we were able to get the move scheduled.

Here is a link to show what we did: http://photobucket.com/littlegiantmovingday

Overall, it was an easy move due to having a backhoe at the pickup and unload point and totalled 3 hours from start to finish.
The LG was about 6 miles away and the same backhoe and operator was at each location.
The operator charged me $150.00 which was a steal from a safety standpoint.

Initially, wide straps were used to secure it at the top and then we decided to add the chains and binders anyways.
A chase vehicle followed with a 2-way radio to watch for any load shifting. It stayed put.

Ran a 220 line from the load center and powered it up for a moment.
Next will be greasing and oiling the fittings and bearing surfaces and checking on the electric motor which looks like it has oil bath bearings.

Great News! And under power in the new home too....

I never understood people willing to cut corners on safety for rather paltry amounts of money saved; the cost for just *1* visit to an ER for cause these days would probably *buy* a very fancy powerhammer indeed, even not factoring in down time and possible future impairment.