I Forge Iron

Pins or no pins?

SRT02

I have been working on the handle of knife and at first I didn't want to put pins in it and just glued the pieces of the hand onto the knife with some 24 hour epoxy. After a day or two the pieces fell off. So now I've glued it up again and I'm wondering if I should try and put some pins in it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch.

I would put pins in. If you don't want visible pins you may be able to do blind pins.
What did you do to epoxy the handle on? If you didn't degrease / clean well enough the epoxy won't stick. If the handle material is some oily hardwood, you'll need to wipe that down to remove the oils or the epoxy won't stick. If you didn't thoroughly clean the old epoxy off, it might not stick.
More details and pictures may prove useful.

ron

i would put some pins in that as well as apoxy just to keep it all nice and tight and fill in the gaps that may be present between the handle and the tang. if you want the pins to look better flatten the sides of your handle so that the pins can finish flush to the surface, if your hadle is rounded on the sides you'll want to get the pins that way as well and that could deform them and lead to disapointment lol trust me i know :)