I Forge Iron

Hello from the UK

sidecar_jon

Hello i'm jon and i live in the UK, way down in the south west bit in Cornwall. I make bowls usually, 12" or they start that way and end up about 11" ish (you cant tell i like precision. I started with copper and progressed to pewter, so i work both now. All by hand, which is fairly insane. You can have a look at what i get up to in the shed here http://jonpenryn.blo...raven-bowl.html but don't laugh to hard!

post-1-0-69781600-1297642538_thumb.jpg

Hi Jon, welcome to the site, we aren't too far away from you, and host some get togethers, have a look at www.blacksmithsguild.com and see if we can be of any use to you.

Nice Bowl, how about entering it into the metalwork feature at the Royal Cornwall Show this year

Hi Jon, welcome to the site, we aren't too far away from you, and host some get togethers, have a look at www.blacksmithsguild.com and see if we can be of any use to you.

Nice Bowl, how about entering it into the metalwork feature at the Royal Cornwall Show this year

They have a metalwork feature?.. never been to the Royal show, generally we go to a few steam rallys about Cornwall to smell the steam and hot metal though. I'm no blacksmith just a bloke in a shed!

They have a metalwork feature?.. never been to the Royal show, generally we go to a few steam rallys about Cornwall to smell the steam and hot metal though. I'm no blacksmith just a bloke in a shed!

The also have steam engines there, as well as the hot metal forging demo's and competitions, and most of us are just blokes in a shed (just varying sizes of shed)