I Forge Iron

My new Wilton Vise

monstermetal

Now I am kind of a vise nut, I got a whole pile of vices, I built a hydraulic post vise, I have a 9" leg vise and I have half a dozen of the Wilton bullet vises... and the big C3 Wilton combo vise... But I have never been able to find a 8" that I could afford (A new one sells for just under $2700) until today ;) I am the proud new owner of a Wilton 800S, brand new... And it is a freak of a monster... makes my old BIG vise look like a toy... this sucker weighs 238 lbs and opens 12"

the smaller big vise is my wilton C3... It has 6" jaws and is almost 200lbs... and it looks like a toy next to this thing... The other pic there is a Wilton 4" vise in the jaws of the 8"

I is a happy tool monger today B)

post-2750-0-07355500-1295161350_thumb.jp

post-2750-0-86997300-1295161355_thumb.jp

post-2750-0-06738000-1295161367_thumb.jp

Great vise I love old wilton vises. I enhareted half a dozen frum my grandfather. Never seen one broken. I have a big printas and a erwin that are big but I don't think thare that big and a asortment of others. I just can't pass them up if I see them at a good price. congrades.
Steve

I have a Wilton 600s and love it. I've only ever seen two of the 800's in the past and both of them were at T.V.A. Nuclear Power Plants. I'm guessing if I ever run across a 800s, I'll have to buy it as well. Well if the price is right that is.

Yeah I have only seen a handful... I think most went to the government... who else would spend that kind of dough on a vise? (A nuke plant obviously) I offered $750 for a used one once and was turned down... I got this one brand new for $550.... even at that its a huge amount of money for a vise in my opinion... But even as broke as I am I knew If I passed it up at $550 I would regret it for a good long time... and at that price I'll always be able to sell it at a profit... I dont have a 2.5" (which they dont make anymore) or a 5".... but have every other size of this series... I felt bad yesterday when I realized I have three nice wilton vises that I dont even have mounted anyplace... And a really cool Enerpac hydraulic vise I dont have hooked up..

I do use my hydraulic post vise I built quite a bit though..