I Forge Iron

I never really did an introduction

joshua.M

hi my name is Joshua Mclaren i am 14 years old living in Ontario near toronto. I got interested in blacksmithing when i was 12 because of my interest in working with my hands and making somthing out of nothing. I viseted lang pioneer village on a school trip and the blacksmith shop was so amazing i was mezmoized by the way the steel moved under the hammer. I need to build a better tool collection but want to learn the basics first. i am i guess what you woul call a basic beginner. i have some books but i want to get the book "the art of blacksmithing" and "a blacksmithing primer" to get started i have "the new edge of the anvil" and "the complete modern blacksmith"
thanks for reading and any book suggestions or tips and tricks are very welcome
Josh

I remember how much cash I had when I was 14 (about none) so don't forget the public library for reading material. They are able to inter-library-loan (ILL) these books if they don't have them. There are also a bunch of links to out of print books, and public domain books, and you can peruse Google books for other reading material.

Welcome aboard!

Phil

Hi Josh. Welcome to IFI. You have a long life ahead of you to be able to learn blacksmithing. Don't try to rush it. Just practice a lot and read and learn all that you can. Enjoy, is the key to this. When you have a problem or question and can't find an answer in one of the forums, just ask. There is a lot of experience and knowledge on this site. Good luck. :D