I Forge Iron

New to the Forum

southsaxon

Hi All. I've just joined up on this Forum, though I'm also a member of the britishblades forum as well. I am a student blacksmith at Hereford College of technlogy and started out on the second year - this is because i have been a hobbyist knifemaker for three years before that, self-taught of course :) I live in Wales with my parents normaly, and in a two man tent on a campsite four days a week when i'm up in Hereford. getting on the course has been a dream of mine for ages and i was overjoyed when i finally got in :) i'm twenty six years old and work part-time in a garden centre where i run the camping department ( in the summer, when we have one of course)

hoping i can learn lots of stuff off all the people on the forums :)

All the best,

Rowan

Hi Rowan, Welcome to the site, if we can be of any assistance check us out in the groups section on this site and at our website, www.blacksmithsguild.com and see if you can get down to any of our iForge events at Westpoint.

The guild sponsors the Frank Day inter college trophy that is competed for at the Three Counties Show, it was won last year by Sam Pask from Hereford College.

Good luck with your Hereford course, it will stand you in good stead for the future

Hi All. I've just joined up on this Forum, though I'm also a member of the britishblades forum as well. I am a student blacksmith at Hereford College of technlogy and started out on the second year - this is because i have been a hobbyist knifemaker for three years before that, self-taught of course :) I live in Wales with my parents normaly, and in a two man tent on a campsite four days a week when i'm up in Hereford. getting on the course has been a dream of mine for ages and i was overjoyed when i finally got in :) i'm twenty six years old and work part-time in a garden centre where i run the camping department ( in the summer, when we have one of course)

hoping i can learn lots of stuff off all the people on the forums :)

All the best,

Rowan

Rowan welcome to IFI. I'm very new to the forum also, but I can tell you - it is one of the most honest, open, responsive forums I've ever seen. Not sure how you found it (I just stumbled into it), but I'm sure you'll get a lot out of your membership.

Roger