I Forge Iron

Hydraulic Press

hammerwolfe

Thanks for the Info, I do have the Batson book and have all the supplies and a frame built. I would really like to build an H frame press instead and not a C frame press but I am concerned with steel frame stress levels and was hoping someone would have drawing and specs for an H frame like a lot of the knife makers are using...

Thanks for the Info, I do have the Batson book and have all the supplies and a frame built. I would really like to build an H frame press instead and not a C frame press but I am concerned with steel frame stress levels and was hoping someone would have drawing and specs for an H frame like a lot of the knife makers are using...

I am a little confused. :huh: My Batson book has the plans for a H frame press like knife makers use and a c frame. Is there another addition out there?

The thing is, the”C” frame design is so complicated.
The “H” frame seems much less complicated, safer, and cheaper.

I probably will have both, but what I really want is a 70 to 100 ton, wide “H” frame that I can do furniture and other projects on.

Again I did not know Batson had a second version showing the stress factors for an H frame.
So I will buy the newer version…

Thanks… Mike…
www.designsiniron.com