I Forge Iron

Texas Pipe Dolly

HWHII

I had a job last week were I needed to replace a lentil beam in a old adobe building. There was no access to the the area for a forklift or a crane and about 50 yards from the parking lot to where it had to be installed and it weight was about 650lbs. I am sure alot of you pipe welders are familiar with this but I thought some might be interested in this. I do not have a fork lift and this is very handy for moving all types of heavy items around the shop. It has a small hook on the front for rigging. It works great for moving anvils. It also fits through a 36" opening

post-6037-077891300 1283952416_thumb.jpg

I had a job last week were I needed to replace a lentil beam in a old adobe building. There was no access to the the area for a forklift or a crane and about 50 yards from the parking lot to where it had to be installed and it weight was about 650lbs. I am sure alot of you pipe welders are familiar with this but I thought some might be interested in this. I do not have a fork lift and this is very handy for moving all types of heavy items around the shop. It has a small hook on the front for rigging. It works great for moving anvils. It also fits through a 36" opening

Up here that`s called a log arch and most of them have some means of attaching a ball hitch so you can use either a truck or ATV to move the load around too.
Excellent use of 2 basic tools,the wheel and the lever. :)