I Forge Iron

More BBQ tools

I made a few more BBQ items, the horse head with the steak turner was the horse that I forged with Brian as my striker in Miss. I drew it out on my powerhammer and finish the meat hook by hand. The other horse head with fork I forged on Sunday and I think it may be the best looking horse head that I have forged it is done with 3/4 inch stock, after I forge the head I cut off the bar leaving about 6 inches from the neck down and draw the tapper then finish the fork by hand, my forks are improving, it take a lot of patients to forge the fork
post-10376-062663100 1279120819_thumb.jppost-10376-009803200 1279120815_thumb.jppost-10376-095147700 1279120809_thumb.jppost-10376-042535500 1279120824_thumb.jppost-10376-004540100 1279120829_thumb.jp

Very nice work Clinton! Excellent horse heads, I especially like how you did the ears. My only question is about the ring finial. is it a bottle opener? If not, why not?

Well done all round.

Frosty the Lucky.

Thanks guys for the vote of approval, and thank you Brian for showing me how to do the horse heads, when I was in miss. brian worked with me and I learned a few things that I was doing were not the best way to go about this, now with this knowledge in hand I can take this to the next level.
Yes Frosty that is a bottle opener on the end of that fork

Thanks guys for the vote of approval, and thank you Brian for showing me how to do the horse heads, when I was in miss. brian worked with me and I learned a few things that I was doing were not the best way to go about this, now with this knowledge in hand I can take this to the next level.
Yes Frosty that is a bottle opener on the end of that fork

I'm sincerely sorry I lacked faith in a fellow smith to put a bottle opener in every available location. Thanks for reinforcing my faith that good blacksmiths do indeed maintain high minimum standards. ;)

Frosty the Lucky.