I Forge Iron

coat hanger

Bryce Masuk

I just finished this I need to get a shot of it up on the wall
in good light

these pictures suck somewhat but here it is
you can get the jist of what it is

I am starting to build up sets of tools for offsets, I figure I need them

this thing is made from 1 1/2 x 1/4 flat bar and the hanger knobs are pretty big

post-3202-078954500 1279078891_thumb.jpg

post-3202-000478100 1279078898_thumb.jpg

post-3202-049659100 1279078906_thumb.jpg

post-3202-061890600 1279078912_thumb.jpg

post-3202-063957900 1279078918_thumb.jpg

post-3202-061316100 1279078927_thumb.jpg

post-3202-082931500 1279078937_thumb.jpg

great Idea looks good
mind if I use some of your ideas?

Sure just send a royalty cheque

I made a bed using 2 split ends in a similar way and wrapped one up and one down on each post

then I forged a rosete a real simple one and welded it on to the pipe that is the post and heavily ground a taper into it all

easy money huh lol

tell my flithy hands it was easy haha
it seems like people who saw it liked it alot in the hour or so I had it finished before it was gone

I hope I can get some pictures of it soon I need them for my website which I am going to entirely re-do and spend some money on getting it easier to find on search engines

among my projects

I have began to construct a giant cross for a marker for my great aunt
I am going to taper the one end and pound it into the ground on the island she lived on off of vancouver island

I took 6 ft of 1 inch square bar and upset one end to 1 3/4 inches

and then took a 3 ft 1 inch square bare and upset both ends and then
slit it drifted out to 1 inch square and slipped it into position.

since the cross bar can move up and down my plan is to forge a few nice scrolls for this piece and then rivet them in preventing the cross bar from being able to move up and down since that is the only way it will move.

I plan to wax it and then let it rust in the ocean air.
it would take a long time for it to entirely be rusted away I like rust it shows that its still alive

rust on tubing in no good though since it rusts inside and out and quickly nothing is left

easy money huh lol

since the cross bar can move up and down my plan is to forge a few nice scrolls for this piece and then rivet them in preventing the cross bar from being able to move up and down since that is the only way it will move.

Nice rack, and a Nice thought and project for your Great Aunt Bryce, an alternative would be to put a rivet or pin through to fix the cross bar into position and put a flower or some other decoration under the head as a feature at the front, and collars always look good to hold scrolls in position if you choose to go that way, (Don't want to put you off your plan, just a couple of alternatives that may help others with a similar situation/problem)

Good luck with it whichever way you go, and I look forward to seeing pictures of it in progress and completed.