I Forge Iron

Hello from southern New Mexico

JimDawdy

Hi Thomas

I would like to, but I work at the Fire Dept until 2pm on Saturday. However I plan to attend the demonstration in September at Ben LoBue's.

Jim; will you be attending the SWABA meeting this Saturday in Las Cruces? Great place to meet some of the local smiths!

http://www.swaba-abana-chapter.org/

SWABA demo's the entire NM State Fair in Albuquerque during daylight hours on the Street of Yesteryear. If you visit the fair please stop by and say Hi!

I don't know which days I will be there yet; but there is always a *great* crew doing stuff.

Is there any smithing stuff you are on the look out for? Albq CraigsList just had a russian cast steel anvil for $50 recently and I find stuff on a semi regular basis.

Thomas
President SWABA

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! You will enjoy the SWABA bunch, I know I have. Great folks and they all are willing to help anyway they can. Also, The Gunter's school is excellent. Extremelly well equiped shop and designed with the student in mind. Although I haven't taken any classes from them I have seen the school and have watched (with jaw dropped) the 3 of them work their magic on metal. Good solid people.

Do get to the State Fair if you can. This will be my 6th year to go "play in the fire" with them. (even tho I am from East Texas they treat me nice;)). Our oldest son and our GRANDSON live in Albuquerque and we plan a trip out there every year during the fair so I can 'play' with them...and they still let me!

Once again, welcome.

Yes, I emailed the owner about that anvil, but never received a reply. Was going to drive up to ABQ and get it if still available.

SWABA demo's the entire NM State Fair in Albuquerque during daylight hours on the Street of Yesteryear. If you visit the fair please stop by and say Hi!

I don't know which days I will be there yet; but there is always a *great* crew doing stuff.

Is there any smithing stuff you are on the look out for? Albq CraigsList just had a russian cast steel anvil for $50 recently and I find stuff on a semi regular basis.

Thomas
President SWABA

• 2 weeks later...