I Forge Iron

Wall Hangings

I have been making some new wall hangings for friends and family. They are not forged, just fabricated, and weight about 5 lbs. Now I am wanting to start mass production, but I cannot figure out how to most efficiently design it to mount to a wall. I have so far just put 2 screws in a wall and hung it on them, but people have complained that you can see the screws. I thought of just drilling a hole in the back and screwing a picture type loop hanger to the back, or soldering some loops to the back. Anyone know of some trick that is quick and easy to allow a hidden wal mount? I am trying to cut construction time to an absolute minimum to keep it at my price point. Thanks.

Winston

I do not have a pic handy, but it is made of railroad spikes welded together. I tried using a mig welder and welding a small wire loop to the back, but it either burnt up the loop or would not burn into the spike. I can attach something in an inconspicuous way at a weld. If nothing else, I will see if a copper wire wraped at a weld is pleasing to people. Does anyone have a source for something to weld on the back to accept a wall hook or nail? Thanks.

Winston

I make some crosses using a random cut twist. I just drill a hole in the back and angle it towards the top. You can then use a finish nail to hang it and it is not visable. I have also used a piece of hack saw blade with a hole mig welded to the back of some of my projects this will lay flat and can be hung on a nail.

post-9934-084447200 1278471044_thumb.jpg

I make some crosses using a random cut twist. I just drill a hole in the back and angle it towards the top. You can then use a finish nail to hang it and it is not visable. I have also used a piece of hack saw blade with a hole mig welded to the back of some of my projects this will lay flat and can be hung on a nail.

I like your crosses. Those are the ideas I was wanting. Thinking of a recessed hole gave me an idea. I kept trying to add something, but making a hole would work. I do not think the bandsaw blade would work on it, but I will file that one away for the future.