I Forge Iron

old folder parts

edge9001

I recently bought a small trunk full of smithing atuff. the seller told his graddad used to be a blacksmith and he made knives. I got a small box of brass plates and bone handle scales. the plates, I'm not sure of the name for them they are the kind of plates you find in a folding knife, lining the blade slot. If anyone is interested, I'll post a few pics to give you an idea of what I have. anyone have anyidea what these things are worth to a knife maker. My blades tend to be hawks and straight bladed knives. I don't make folders.

here is a picture of the kinds of things I got. post-13874-004054200 1278454867_thumb.jp

I have a mixed box full of these things the box is the size of a red brick, only about 3 inches longer. an even mix of the brass liners and the spacer bar that goes down the back of a folder. the scales I have it turns out are from what seems to be knife repairs. I have a few oldtimer scales and several cracked and broken scales, none of them appear usable.

I also have this one knife, It looks like a work in progress, since the blade is too long for the handle. I might have to finish this one and keep it.