I Forge Iron

Art on Fire Event

We spent Thursday evening with Frosty & Deb. We got a tour of his shop and got to pet the goats. After that we went out to eat. Today, (Saturday) we met them at the Art on Fire event in Wasilla. I spent time with the Blacksmiths while my wife painted pottery and prepared a mold or two for the iron pour. The iron pour was a success and a real site to see. I am glad we took the time to attend. It was a great time with great people.
Jerry Whitley :D

P.S. Took lots of pics but my card is not compatible with my son's computer. Will try to post some when we get home....

Jerry, If they have a office max or best buy in the area you can get card readers that connect directly to the computer and read many different types of memory cards for about $20. I recently bought one (I have several different digital cameras) and they work better then the direct feed from the cameras.

I so wanted to come down to the Art on Fire but was unable to. I know you had a great time with Frosty and Deb. They are definitely two of my favorite people on the planet. I would love to see the pics and here Frosty chime in. I sure hope he's doing better. Anyway congrats on a good pour.

Aw heck Jerry Deb and I loved having you, Marsha and Katie visit Thursday. It was my best day since the seizure and I think that made Saturday possible for me. Having a stress free and restful day meant I was rested enough to have the strength to beat the attitude out of some poor defensless steel at Art on Fire. It was sure good to get to see Jim again, please let him know he and Katie are always welcome here, just give a call so we don't miss them.

I wish you could've made it Bryan, it was a dood event but any event can use more blacksmiths. Here's to clear saling for the Clinic in July.

Frosty the Lucky.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone here. Just my girlfriend and her son. I haven't met one blacksmith. Not to say I haven't tried. I just hasn't happened. But that being said. I will be there.

That seems to be a weird characteristic of the Fbks area. We used to do jobs there and while I knew there were a number of smiths around I was never able to make contact, only heard rumors, nothing more. Heck, there must have been 4-5 Fbks smiths at the first Association meeting but none since and we can't even get an E-mail reply or returned phone call.

S'okay, you can be THE Fairbanks representative and make the other secretive louts pay for endorsements! We'll be looking for you. I forget, will Renee make it too? Deb would love to meet her and we have a fresh Icelandic Sheepdog puppy coming soon. Seriously, we have everything to make you comfortable, fire, hammers, power tools, dogs, lil' goats and a weird house cat.

Frosty the Lucky.

Frosty, How is Pat doing with his foundry and such? Was he at the Art on Fire doing his iron pour again? B)

Pat's doing great! He ran the iron pour and is doing okay casting bronze. The current market makes it pretty hard to do well with cast artwork but he's still boing a bit better than breaking even.

Frosty the Lucky.

Well that sounds like a plan then. I am it. Tag. Renee says she won't be able to make it down because its end of month and her responsibilites won't let her. But we will be back down the very next weekend at the AKC show at the state fairgrounds in Palmer. She said she would love to meet you both then if that works out. As far as the rest. Love hearing you have a new puppy on the way. Renee loves the Icelandic Sheep Dogs. I think thats great. Fire good. Hammer good. Power tools excellent!

We're ON then! Deb might be convinced to check out the dog show, we're like 20 minutes from the fair grounds and she loves dogs too.

This'll be our second Icelandic sheepdog, you met Abby and the new guy should be a little smaller but breed typical. We're getting a deal because his ears haven't pricked up yet so he's not a "show" dog. Perfect. My idea of showing a dog is if someone asks to take a look.:rolleyes: Heck, I'm a performance kind of guy, I'll take a polite well behaved mut over all the pedigree on Earth. Then again, that's just me everyone's welcome to whatever floats their boat. I mean really, it could be as weird as playing with really HOT fires and beating defenseless iron with hammers!:o

Frosty the Lucky.