I Forge Iron

MFC meeting 6-12-10 question

Hey Country Boy,
We do not usually have a meeting after the conference, but we decided to have a class for the people that did not get to be in the one prior to the conference. There will be about 5 people in the class tomorrow. We will do some collaring and make a trivet that Brian has prepared all the necessary jigs for. Then we may make some punches to make animal heads or whatever the people want to do. You are welcome to come and help, watch, or be in the class.

I do not know if there is a meeting but Brian is teaching a class for those who could not be there for the May 28 th class. I think there are still openings. Contact Brian or Lyle.

Hey, Just come on, and if this is who I think it is, bring some of that straight spring and we'll call it even.

Unfortunately I didn't see this post until I got home today.. I was there for a short time today Mr. Brazeal. I was the one that asked you about moving to Mississippi as I was coming from the general store. And concidering I don't know of any straight springs in my junk pile you must be thinking of someone else. One thing is for sure. I'll be looking forward to taking classes from you in the future.

We had the second class this weekend and it went great. Turned out there were only 3 people actually participating, so they got a lot of attention. Patty made a trivet, a couple horse shoe hearts a copper ring, a flower charm, two crosses, she learned to divide her metal up and control her forging. John did great and hung in there with the heat, he made hearts a cross a trivet divided up the metal and got started on a leaf. Brian did great getting the people to be able to see in there own minds what they were trying to accomplish. This is the only way they can learn, ( as he has expressed many times) When he is talking you have to pay attention, that way when you get to that forge it will all come together. I think I learned as much as any of them just helping. Greg and his wife came all the way from Georgia to take this class and he did an excellent job. He spent a few days with us after the conference and went to the Abana Conference as well. He did great and it was a pleasure being around such fine people. Cant wait to do all this again. Friday we will be heading to the Fire in ther Swamp in Picayune MS. Hope to see ya'll there. Here is a link to the meeting in Picayune http://www.dragonswatch.com/solstice/