I Forge Iron

Shop Insurance

Hello All,
My Insurance company, Society Insurance of Wisconsin, is raising my rates 20% this year...they did 10% last year.
Liability,shop building and its contents as well as work to,from and at shows.
I have no issues with them other than the rate hikes....they are rather pleasant actually.

Whom do you folk use?
I have been getting letters of rejection stating that they "do not cover knives or knife manufacturers"...some do not cover metalworkers in general. A few looked at my website and said .."Nope".

I know ABANA has The Hartford advertising with them...any others?

Feel free to give my name to any insurance salesman you know...don't hear that often either.

Insurance is one of those things which is not spoken of much is it....like taxes...both are quite important however.

Ric

I'd also like to know! Having recently made transition from hobby to a business entity, I'm trying to get quotes and not having much luck. I've asked for quotes from a few agents and after supplying all info they asked for they never call back. Also both emailed and called the outfit that has the ABANA member program and they also would not return either the calls or emails.

Mine is through Industrial Coverage Corp. who are agents for The Hartford. This is the program set up by ABANA and is by far the best coverage at the best rate I've found . I think it's a bit more than $2 ,000 a year. I've been covered by them for at least 10 years.
Liability, theft and fire are the main categories of coverage. They are also prompt at sending out certificates of insurance to clients or contractors.

Mine is the Hartford/Abana stuff. Somewhere around $600/year. Partially based on gross sales. Similar coverage as HW's, supposed to cover me at shows, replace the rented shop and loss of goods, while traveling etc.
I actually deal with a local agent instead of the guys in New York.
Jymm

Mine is the Hartford/Abana stuff. Somewhere around $600/year. Partially based on gross sales. Similar coverage as HW's, supposed to cover me at shows, replace the rented shop and loss of goods, while traveling etc.
I actually deal with a local agent instead of the guys in New York.
Jymm

Looks like I am going to check in the Hartford Ins. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...