I Forge Iron

Any one happen to know which cylinder the Xpress uses

Tate Roth

I have a Carlisle Imagination Xpress, and the cylinder seems to have developed a leak. I got it used, and have emailed the maker, but haven't gotten a reply. I live near a hydraulic repair place, but am unsure about getting it fixed if the cylinder itself is leaking. May be easier to replace the cylinder. If I remember right, it's a 5" diameter with ~8" of stroke, the rod looks like 1.5". Any recommendations?

I have a Carlisle Imagination Xpress, and the cylinder seems to have developed a leak. I got it used, and have emailed the maker, but haven't gotten a reply. I live near a hydraulic repair place, but am unsure about getting it fixed if the cylinder itself is leaking. May be easier to replace the cylinder. If I remember right, it's a 5" diameter with ~8" of stroke, the rod looks like 1.5". Any recommendations?

Bring it to the repair place.

• 2 months later...

I concur. Take the cylinder in for repair. It will be loads cheaper and just as good as new. I used to have an X-Press ans as I recall it should be pretty easy to remove the cylinder.

If you decide to just replace it, send me the old one and I'll properly dispose of it for you :)

-d