I Forge Iron

Art nouveau drive gates

AdrianWood

Hi there, just fitted this drive gate last week, it seems to have been in the forge for such a long time, what with the workshop move and all.!! anyway all went well with the fitting and no real hiccups. The client is really pleased and has asked me to make railings and pedestrian gate to match.

post-3634-060182700 1273388492_thumb.jpg

Hi there, just fitted this drive gate last week, it seems to have been in the forge for such a long time, what with the workshop move and all.!! anyway all went well with the fitting and no real hiccups. The client is really pleased and has asked me to make railings and pedestrian gate to match.

Its beautiful... Your design?

The original design came from a booklet on style the clients found in the house. I had to adapt it as the original drawing was of a complete cast gate and very over the top in its design and it also needed to fit in with the clients budget so there were some omissions and one or two additions from myself.

Adrian, if you don't mind me asking. I am new to Smithing. What finnish did you use on the gates?

LeeRoy

The gates were galvanized and sprayed with a high build vinyl paint. about 4 coats i think

Very impressive!! :) Love the detail at the top, is it a flower or cone shape? How is that done, (hard to tell from the photo whether it's petals, or..)? Great colour too!

Hi Colleen, i will be making some more soon so i will get some photos of them in stages. hope all is well with you. Are you going to the BABA Agm this year.? It is at phil Johnsons forge in Ratho.

Hi Adrian, Thanks, would love to see some more photos! I am planning to get to the BABA AGM, (Ratho is about 2.5 hr drive from here) but might only get to it for one day-would love to make it for the whole weekend, but it conflicts with some other family stuff... (maybe I can escape that!!!) Maybe I see you there!?