I Forge Iron

KA 150 Rebuild in progress...

MM- Sorry, didn't mean to out you. If it's any consolation I won't be bidding on it as I'd need to build a shop addition to house it and that can't happen till I build the wife the horse barn I've been promising her for the last 5 years or so. Good luck with the bidding.

I had my eye on that tool months ago..spoke to the seller. We could not come to a price.
Question:
Where is the treadle counterbalance and the dies?

Ric

If I had that machine and you had a feather....well, nevermind. :o But we'd both be tickled. :D

Matt,
I understand you point, but they claim to have run the tool and its in working order.....I would have liked to have seen that....maybe ask them for a video?
I have heard of the ram cylinder blowing out the tup, but have not seen it...this may be my chance.

Nie job on the KA Larry! I look forward to seeing what you do with it...well part of me does..the other part is jealous.

Ric

Here is an outline of the circuit we want. It needs to be hooked up so the spring in the main valve makes the ram go down. Then we hook up a small air line to the other side that makes it go up. We have a tee in that connection and run a line to the foot valve. Stepping on the pedal will bleed air from that side allowing the ram to go down. Will need a needle valve in the small line to control how much air goes into the pilot.

Guess I'll wait till tomorrow to start bidding on the Nazel.

Seems its coming here to me.... I'll start another thread so we can let this one stay KA 150.

Well Kerry...

All I can say is good luck.... I am glad I was outbid after talking with Ric... Seems to me the hammer could be a real can of worms. I hope it turns out ok.. Keep us posted.

Well Kerry...

All I can say is good luck.... I am glad I was outbid after talking with Ric... Seems to me the hammer could be a real can of worms. I hope it turns out ok.. Keep us posted.

Did anyone hear back as to how they ran it without dies and counterweight?
I asked, but...

Kerry, I hope it all works well.

Ric

Im not the buyer, its just coming here to live.

I dont know if Mike talked to them about it yet or not. I'll put up thread after the weekend so we can stop this one.

Dave Hammer will be at the hammer in i'm attending this weekend so I'll get to chat with him a bit about it too.

Mike did seem to have more info based on the serial number. Sounded like its not run in sometime from what he could gather.

Nice year for him. He just bought a 50 kuhn as well.