I Forge Iron

New Rings

I got a little more work done this week- I've been playing with setting stones in my work recently, and I like the results. Making the settings is a bit of a pain at times, but i've got a 'system' down now :)

They are all forged out of 304 stainless steel.

This one has a 2mm Black Diamond inset-

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG

This one is a red garnet-

IMG_1861.JPG

Black Onyx-

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

Red Garnet Cabochon-

IMG_1885.JPG

IMG_1887.JPG

And, Some without stones as well-

normal_IMG_1869.JPG

The fun part of forging these guys is NOT burning them up- Everything is pretty tiny. I'm still doing the majority of my work on the big 'ol coal forge, but doing some of the fine tuning and 'touchup' work on my new micro forge, which is gas...

They'll be making their public debut this weekend at the regional blacksmiths meeting.

I've got a few more awaiting final finishing work... Including one that was supposed to take a 0.63 ct rough cube diamond- But I managed to drop the diamond, and can't find it! Oh well...

-Andrew

I've got a few more awaiting final finishing work... Including one that was supposed to take a 0.63 ct rough cube diamond- But I managed to drop the diamond, and can't find it! Oh well...

-Andrew

That is why jewelers work at a bench, often covered with clean white paper.
I hope that wasn't too expensive of a drop.
Phil

I'm thinking there wasn't much power hammer work on these andrew. Looking really nice, show em off a little and I'll bet there's be friendly gals all over you. Which might not be so good if you're married, :o not that the missus would hate wearing one or more, I'm sure.

Frosty the Lucky.