I Forge Iron

Hello from POrtland OR...need heat!

Hi Everyone...I found this forum by accident while searching for ways to get my BBQ to run hotter. I also want to build a compact 800 degree pizza oven, without making something huge like a 2,000 lb dome oven. I thought, the people that melt and forge metal surely must know how to get a hot fire going! I have a tiny backyard and even a small weber grill would take up a lot of the room.

Anyway, it looks like I came to the right place! I'm sure I can get some ideas here. Nice to meet you all.

Dave

You are correct 800 degrees is when we quit working steel and get it HOT again. :D To do a pizza oven You will need some refractory brick and cement. Look around for boiler supply places in your town or online. Search for castable or rammable refractory. There is quite a bit made for different things. There may be some pottery supply outfits that would have the best price and best fit for your needs. AS for 800 degrees well lump charcoal and a little air supply should so the trick. How you will tell the temp I don't know.

Build it right and when have your pizza cooked you can pound on some steel for digestive purposes

Welcome to IFI

Hi Everyone...I found this forum by accident while searching for ways to get my BBQ to run hotter. I also want to build a compact 800 degree pizza oven, without making something huge like a 2,000 lb dome oven. I thought, the people that melt and forge metal surely must know how to get a hot fire going! I have a tiny backyard and even a small weber grill would take up a lot of the room.

Anyway, it looks like I came to the right place! I'm sure I can get some ideas here. Nice to meet you all.

Dave

How fast can ya cook a pizza at 2400 degrees? Pulling your leg. Solid fuel or gas? Don't think ya can go less than
36 inch for a pizza oven. Would think indirect gas oven around 36 in would be doable.