I Forge Iron

Touchstone - class project

Gerald posted the classes that Touchstone is offering this year.

I thought that I would show my class project on IFI as I had a couple of members take last years class :D .

We will spend the first couple of days making tools (as usual) ;)
The third day will be a day of test pieces :blink:
The last two days are to produce the project and refine any tooling issues B)

Hope to see you there.

post-3586-12711938429401_thumb.jpg

Wow, neat project Mr. Aspery! I wish to be there, however life has conspired otherwise.

Perhaps in the future this project will be published in one of your books. Speaking of your books, I bought one, still looking to buy the others. Procrastination gets one nowhere, I need a swift kick! :blink:

Great video Mark, as always! I'd like to take some of your classes. I got to participate in several classes when I was at the Ozark School of Blacksmithing, and it really is a great experience to be in a class situation where you get to try things you normally wouldn't in your daily routine.

Thanks for posting the link, Gerald.

I'm plannin on being there, but not sure if my skills are up to it, looks pretty tough!! Well Mark, if you're willing to teach, maybe you wont mind explaining things 3 or 4 times like the last class I took with you!! Man that looks like a tough nut to crack!! I'll have to start shaping up on my splitting and drifting prior to the course.

Great video Mark, as always! I'd like to take some of your classes. I got to participate in several classes when I was at the Ozark School of Blacksmithing, and it really is a great experience to be in a class situation where you get to try things you normally wouldn't in your daily routine.

Thanks for posting the link, Gerald.

I agree with you Brian. I try and take a class each year.
The YouTube video shows a ring with pass throughs at the end. This was a test piece to check the placement of the holes in relation to the circumference of the ring.
The real ring has to be passed through the square bar before it is welded. ;)