I Forge Iron

Welder Upgrade

post-10376-12705623118662_thumb.jpgpost-10376-12705623293991_thumb.jpgpost-10376-1270562358585_thumb.jpgpost-10376-12705623814825_thumb.jpg
I could not pass up the machine it came from the shop of E.A. Chase, Chase is closing shop and had a sale of the tool that he no longer needs. I had to get approval through "Head Quarters" (my girl friend) and I am replacing my old Idealarc 250 stick welder with this monster 300 , 375 amps @ 60% duty cycle. Now I need more power to the shop, sparky is going to come check out my panel to see if I can get another 30 amps out of there. I got the welder home yesterday and removed the sheet metal to find that a mouse had taken up residence in side and after much blowing with air found the culprit all crispy, the way I like em, well done. I got every thing hooked up and working, tried out the high frequency unit, did a little stainless weld test. this thing has great arc characteristic real smooth.

I am with Bob. Start looking for a cooler. Might not need it now but you will. I found mine on flea bay A SS unit. had a lincoln and a miller like this 3 gal. better. Course
ya could build your own. Started with a HF parts cleaner. Had a shop made one in Fla.
about 500 gal. Had up to 30 welders welding aluminum piece work. Even a 125 amp air cooled gets hot quickly.
Ken.

Yes the water cooler you guys don't miss a thing I am going to look into that I think I might even have one buried in the garage I will have to dig it out and see if it is compatible with this machine. Now I have to sell the other welder, hate to do it but i need the room, any one on the left coast needs a welder contact me I will be traveling to northern CA within the next month and can deliver it then. I will post a picture later

Here is the Idealarc 250 that I am selling I think that $400.00 is a fair price this is a machine that will last a lifetime and then some, there are 4 of them at our local community college that have been in service for 30 plus years with no problems, while many other welders, mostly miller have been changed out due to failure. If there is anyone out here in CA that needs a welder let me know, I need to make room.
post-10376-12709106894875_thumb.jpgpost-10376-12709107144643_thumb.jpg

A water cooled torch can be run by a total loss system. Connect the torch water inlet to a garden hose and run a discharge hose out the door or through a hole in the wall. Works fine.Just remember to turn the water on before you weld.

A water cooled torch can be run by a total loss system. Connect the torch water inlet to a garden hose and run a discharge hose out the door or through a hole in the wall. Works fine.Just remember to turn the water on before you weld.

Just as important remember to turn it off unless you have a water solinoid on the welder.Also ya don't need a lot of flow. Have someone check at the outlet while you are welding. Water warm-hot turn it up. Cold turn it down.
Ken