I Forge Iron

Hello from South Carolina!

VaughnT

So, I found another website to help money leave my wallet. Great! ;)

Seriously, though, I apprenticed with a blacksmith right after high school and had a great time learning. I never got good mostly because I didn't have the money to spend on peripherals. I never could get it out of my system, though. There's something decidedly nice about making iron bend to your will.

Long story short, I've recently decided to kick the drinking habit and reinvest that money and energy in working metal again. Seeing the works presented here has only reinforced this decision. As a neophyte smith, I've decided to start small with making some knives. My first love, if there is such a thing, is pounding iron, but I just don't have the room for an anvil and such.

Thanks for all of the inspiring photos and such. I'm looking forward to what the future brings.

Welcome to IFI.

This doesn't have to be a real expensive hobby, if your willing to wait and find the good deals that will come along, look and talk around and before long you'll start aquiring what you need.
If your impatient and want it all now then it will be costly.

Either way your in the right place if blacksmithing is want you want to do.

welder19