I Forge Iron

Hi, new member from WA

LouieIV

Just wanted to say hi.
I'm interested in trying my hand a blacksmithing, eventually I want to do knives and swords.
For the moment I don't need a lot of suggestions I have been doing a lot of digging around and hit most the top sites for startup info, like here, Anvilfire, Don Fogg, Ron Reil, Larry Zoeller, ABANA, just to name a few. So for now I think I'm good :D .

For now I'll be lurking mostly until I have a question or something worthwhile to say.

Thanks,
LouieIV

Just wanted to say hi.
I'm interested in trying my hand a blacksmithing, eventually I want to do knives and swords.
For the moment I don't need a lot of suggestions I have been doing a lot of digging around and hit most the top sites for startup info, like here, Anvilfire, Don Fogg, Ron Reil, Larry Zoeller, ABANA, just to name a few. So for now I think I'm good :D .

For now I'll be lurking mostly until I have a question or something worthwhile to say.

Thanks,
LouieIV

Welcome aboard Louie, glad to have ya.

There's nothing wrong with teaching yourself the craft, most of what I know was gained that way. Still, there're things that aren't intuitive and it's good to have someone to ask or show you. Being good at applying book knowledge is really handy and not only smithing. don't hesitate to ask any questions that come up, we'll be happy to answer them or make something up if we don't know.

Frosty the Lucky