I Forge Iron

Hello from Detroit

jfry

I've been reading the forums for a couple weeks now and figured it was about time to introduce myself. I'm very new to the craft (just got my forge fired up a week ago) and have been gaining a wealth of knowledge reading through everyone else's discussions.

If there's anyone from my area I'd love to get together sometime and chat, I'm on the West side of Detroit (old Redford). Also if you know anyone in the Detroit area wanting to sell an anvil at a decent price I'm hunting for one.

Jeremy

I've been reading the forums for a couple weeks now and figured it was about time to introduce myself. I'm very new to the craft (just got my forge fired up a week ago) and have been gaining a wealth of knowledge reading through everyone else's discussions.

If there's anyone from my area I'd love to get together sometime and chat, I'm on the West side of Detroit (old Redford). Also if you know anyone in the Detroit area wanting to sell an anvil at a decent price I'm hunting for one.

Jeremy

Welcome to the site. you'll find the info here.. I would recommend that you find a Blacksmith group and join them. I'm sure there's one in your area. Tom

There is a 122# anvil in Norwalk, a 250# in Fremont, a 300# in Newport, a 160# Hay-Budden in Charlotte, all in Detroit area or fairly close.

Could you give me some more details, or point me to where you found these. The 122# is right about the size I'm looking for. Is it in Norwalk, OH or Norwalk, MI? Is there an asking price?