I Forge Iron

what gift for an office worker?

Nice rose Marc. Forging a rose or any flower in the manner you chose is likely to take many times as long as cutting petals and fixing them to a stem which is a fine way of making flowers. Doesn't matter how long it took, it's lovely.

I can't take credit for the rose oil idea, it's been posted here many times, probably where you remember reading it, I just repeated it because it hadn't come up yet.

Well done Brother, she'll love it.

Frosty

I gotta say the roses at the corner store ... just one at a time... works wonders
the one you made is very cool nice imagination....just make sure the petals that can be touched are soft feeling...they always put them to their noses and inherantly rub the petal on their lips...that spot gotta feel good to them....I was told this when I was way young ...I employed the tactic for many years and believe me it works! I am married (happily) now and it still works for what ails ya

Another idea is to incorporate the flower into a desk lamp. I made a rose with an extra long stem, then wrapped it like a vine up a textured(with MIG and hammer) pipe. Wire to light ran inside the pipe. Even made my own shade. One of my favorite projects. Pictures if I ever figure out how to post them.