I Forge Iron

first finished rr spike hawk

this is the first rr spike hawk i have completly finished usually i make them then throw them in a box cause im to good with the wood working for handles and such. this one is just a basic rr spike flatened to a throwing hawk sanded to 220. the handle is just a hammer handle stained with 2 coats of medium stain.

19430.attach

19431.attach

Very nice man, you're like me enjoy working on the projects rather than finishing, but need to get in gear and finish more :P. If you need some help with the woodworking stuff give me a call or come on over , not too good at it myself but learning it just like I was/am the smithing part. Get some handles on the other stuff, I want to see more pics.

I think that is awesome. It sure looks like you are having fun. some people say things like making rr spike knifes or tomahawks is terrorism, but I think it is doing a good deed to your community. They just sit there and rust. You are paying people with your taxes to go pick them up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I used to work security at a rail yard. One day I got to talking with the owner of the yard and it came up that I was a smith. He told me a little secret. They rarely, if ever reuse spikes. The reason you're not supposed to take them is the simple fact that they don't want people walking on the tracks and getting squished. Since my job was to walk the tracks, he told me to take as many as I wanted. I ended up with over 100 of them.