I Forge Iron

Whats your forge setup?

my forge is a champion forge that was practically never used for its entire life, ill get some pictures as soon as i can. it cost me about $375. and its very good, ive been blacksmithing for about a month or 2 now, and you can see some of my blacksmithing videos on my youtube account (kakashi1578). so, whats your forge?

my forge is some cinder blocks that support 1 paving slab and 1 concrete slab on top of the slab i have a piece of steel plate and on top of that i have an array of bricks that can never be positiond to work perfectly the bricks also melt but oh well thats life just gotta keep trying out new ideas
i have an electric squirrel cage blower very powerful!!

Using my grandfather's old forge and small anvil. Me and the rest of the grandkids remember a huge anvil but nobody know what happened to it. I hate I didn't get into blacksmithing sooner, he could have taught me a lot without me having to go to school and figure it out on my own. Anyway here is a pic of my setup, drag it out of the garage to forge and after I'm finished drag it back in.

19175.attach

19176.attach

I built both of my coal forges using angle iron for the frame and legs, plate steel for the bed in which I cut a hole in the center to accept the Centaure forge fire pot.

Also, I built one of my gas forges from a large diameter pipe with K-wool for a liner. I use fire brick to block each end.

I buillt my first forge out of an old gas water heater, angle iron for the legs, custom tin piping and a hair dryer. Since then I've built a new forge from shipping pallet with a fire brick fire pot supplied by 1" black pipe surrounded by red clay dug outta my yard. The new forge has been a HUGE improvement as I have about 3x4 ft working area around a nearly 12 inch fire pot.

Using my grandfather's old forge and small anvil. Me and the rest of the grandkids remember a huge anvil but nobody know what happened to it. I hate I didn't get into blacksmithing sooner, he could have taught me a lot without me having to go to school and figure it out on my own. Anyway here is a pic of my setup, drag it out of the garage to forge and after I'm finished drag it back in.

Nice :D:cool: