I Forge Iron

Second Bench Grinder

Avadon

Just dug out a second bench grinder i had mothballed in the garage. Thought I might just sell it but then I thought maybe i should just set it up and use it.

I already have

1 Jet Bench Grinder with course and medium stone
1 KMG Belt Grinder
1 Jet 2HP Buffer/sander with buffer on one side and wire wheel on the other

So if I set up this second Jet Bench Grinder what kind of wheels might be good for it?

My primary work is bladesmithing and blacksmithing/fabrication so should i put like a fine stone and maybe a really fine stone? What are good wheel options? Questions, comments, advice welcome..

Second thought I think i'll replace the bearings in the bench grinder but when I take all the screws out the motor halves will not come apart. Anyone know how I can get these cups on the ends to come off? Do they have some kind of retaining pin inside them. They almost seems like something inside it is holding it together but i've taken out every screw. What up?

I would recemmend a SCOTCH-BRITE deburring/blending wheel. (For those not familiar with a deburring wheel, it is a wheel made of a hard resinous material with abrasive embedded in the resin. It usually comes in medium and fine grades) I use mine a lot to finish punches and chisels, dress hammer faces, etc. A big plus compared to a stone wheel is it does not leave scratches in the metal.

I would recemmend a SCOTCH-BRITE deburring/blending wheel. (For those not familiar with a deburring wheel, it is a wheel made of a hard resinous material with abrasive embedded in the resin. It usually comes in medium and fine grades) I use mine a lot to finish punches and chisels, dress hammer faces, etc. A big plus compared to a stone wheel is it does not leave scratches in the metal.

ahh like one of these babies?

Scotch%20brite.jpg

The other thing I thought of was one of those super fine wheels for doing stuff like sharpening drill bits and chisels.