I Forge Iron

"The Little Giant Powerhammer" by Richard R. Kern

Does anyone know where to get this book? My search didn't find it.
Thanks

Fred, I got my copy from Amazon back in '05.
Robb Gunter can give you the name of a gentleman not too far from him that builds treadle hammers, they use them at the Gunter's school. fine hammer and very decent price. Not sure if it is a "modified" tho. You can contact him, Robb, through the school.

One of the first links on a Google search....scroll down towards the bottom.....

Power Hammer

The Little Giant Powerhammer by Richard R. Kern $35.00
The rebuilding, history and use of The Little Giant Power Hammer. This will guide you through the entire restoration process of this popular hammer. The result should be a restored hammer which will operate properly, not one running on myth and prayers. If you are about to buy a powerhammer, the investment in purchasing this book will be recouped many, many times over. You will know what to look for and will have some concept of what the restoration will involve. Contains over 200 Tables, Charts And Illustrations. 300 pages, 7-1/8 x 10-1/4 (Paperback)

Fred, I got my copy from Amazon back in '05.
Robb Gunter can give you the name of a gentleman not too far from him that builds treadle hammers, they use them at the Gunter's school. fine hammer and very decent price. Not sure if it is a "modified" tho. You can contact him, Robb, through the school.

I guess I replied to my first post. oops. The question about the hammer was supposed to be a seperate thread.

Tommy, I bought the hammer that Ron had for sale at the conference. I was just rying to see if the modified version had any improvements to the swingarm type that mine doesn't already have.

One of the first links on a Google search....scroll down towards the bottom.....

The Little Giant Powerhammer by Richard R. Kern $35.00
The rebuilding, history and use of The Little Giant Power Hammer. This will guide you through the entire restoration process of this popular hammer. The result should be a restored hammer which will operate properly, not one running on myth and prayers. If you are about to buy a powerhammer, the investment in purchasing this book will be recouped many, many times over. You will know what to look for and will have some concept of what the restoration will involve. Contains over 200 Tables, Charts And Illustrations. 300 pages, 7-1/8 x 10-1/4 (Paperback)

Silly me. I saw his link, looked in his book section and didn't see it. It's under power hammers instead of books. Thanks for getting me to go back and think illogically.