I Forge Iron

un-official Qld Group?. A.B.?.Qld.(I dub thee)

..thanks, IFORGEIRON (being glenn, and help from dale and a nudge from strine this side of the creek (that includes its members(and the swede))for a coupla things actually, for allowing the posts for the brisbane bunch, and continued support, cos i send the all the people i know and new members, to these forums. the ABAQLD,..ish, i would not have started the group thing, were it for primerily for the IForgeIron forum.

(and the BAWA group cos this is where this thread sits hopefully not a thorn in their side :) )

Sat, Nov 21, 2009. Meet no. 2.
What a day(hot though it was). Coupla new people in for a taste ( 6 or 7 actually!). Welcome! And hope to see you all again. For those we don't see till after Xmas, Merry Xmas and safe holidays! Projects were, some beginner tapers & scrolls ( real nice for the first shot ) , a fire rake (nice!), Japanese style forging hammer, (clean up, drift and done), “THE knife” (from the boys), and a first firing for a members coke forge which started a knife blank and some reshaping of a 3lb cross pein (awesome!). And pics…….?? !!!!! (bugger!)
Then there was the bbq!
thanks to all that helped, and turned up.

Edited by double_edge2

• 4 weeks later...
still on for saturday Mick? i'll give you a call friday arvo to confirm. need any steel?

absolutely...ill be there, bbq ready, and if you got some steel and its no hassle, or you dont need it, throw it in the pile. im pretty sure someone at some time will use it, thankyou.

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...