I Forge Iron

My first demo ! Had a blast !

Well I have my first demo under my belt. I did a fall craft event on the Blue Ridge Parkway at the Humpback Rocks visitor's center Near Waynesboro Va.
Everything went pretty smooth. The forge was constructed from a farm disc harrow blade 24" in diameter with a 6" to 3" pipe reducer as the firepot. It has a circular type clinker breaker. This was the first time I had fired that forge so I was a little nervous. I actually got paid and was invited back again.

17948.attach

The saw buck had no value as a blacksmithing tool. The venue is a restored mountain farm with an original log house, barn, spring house, chicken coupe etc. The barn actually came from the homestead of Joe Clark, yep the one from the Old Joe Clark bluegrass tune, moved there from the Irish Creek area. They always have different mountain crafts demoed each weekend, along with free bluegrass bands on 2 to 4 Sundays. It's a pretty nice place. Glad our tax dollars do some good !