I Forge Iron

It looks like that large collection...

of anvils that was for sale in California for 30k (or was it 27k?) is being subdivided into smaller lots. There are two craigslist listings (Los Angeles) - the first is 1300 lbs. of anvils for $4.18 a lb., the second is 1354 lbs. for $4.24.
No affiliation.

Edited by otisdog

The guy selling these lots is out of Santa Rosa, Ca. a long way from LA. He's been trying to sell them individually all over Ca. at this price for a long time. The other post you referred to was a guy out of Placerville, Ca. I bought 2 PW anvils and a swage block from him for a "user" price.

Nice to see that many anvil come back into the fray. Just hope he lowers the price by about half...

As far as collectors go, I saw this happen to old wood working tools in the 80's & early 90's. I'm now seeing some of those same tools on ebay for penny's on the dollar compared to what they went for then.

I was visiting a local tool dealer a few years ago, and there was a collector of blacksmith equipment there. He described decorating his living room with the stuff. He said he had anvils as end tables, and several forges decorated with tools scattered around the room. His next goal was to find a bellows to use as a coffee table. I was almost speechless.

I was visiting a local tool dealer a few years ago, and there was a collector of blacksmith equipment there. He described decorating his living room with the stuff. He said he had anvils as end tables, and several forges decorated with tools scattered around the room. His next goal was to find a bellows to use as a coffee table. I was almost speechless.

It's alot like marrying a super model & dressing her in a burkha. Not being used for it's intended purpose.
(img)http://www.iforgeiron.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17708&stc=1&d=1253795523(/img)

17708.attach