I Forge Iron

Do you suspect that EVERYONE is using the exact same forge as you are?

If not than what psi they use would be rather useless information.

I don't use a guage for my forges save for relative information. I tune them by eye and ear and then see what the guage for that burner set up reads to give me a starting point next time I fire up.

Note that guages are nortoriously unreliable so my gauge and your gauge may read the same but be 50% different from each other in reality.

Trying to describe steel temperature by reference to color is notoriously inaccurate; one man's cherry red is another man's orange. Nevertheless, it's a heck of a lot more accurate than blindly cranking your regulator up to a pressure suggested by someone with a completely different setup and assuming that this is going to produce a desired temperature. It absolutely will not. If I gave you a number and the interior of your forge turned bright yellow (which could easily happen), would you just shrug and say, "I guess that must be cherry red?"

I think the only way you can hope to achieve what you want is by building a forge, obtaining some accurate way of measuring the temperature inside that forge, using the forge a lot, and watching carefully how everything you do affects the temperature inside.

You might get good use out of Tempilaq. Google it.