I Forge Iron

new to forum and my first knife

postleg

Hello to all. I just joined the forum last night really like what I see and hear.
I started blacksmithing about 6 months ago. Do it in my spare time. Here is a photo of my first knife project. A 19 in bowie knife made from a 65 mustang leaf spring. The handle is made from an old hedge fence post. The guard and end cap are made from scrap bronze bearings.

what do you think

16235.attach

Wow! First knife project. My first (what?) twenty first knives never made it to finished form. Nice job and welcome to the boards. That's a nice one laying beside the anvil in the pic too. Let us see it when you're done.
Also, I love Mustangs. I think that would be an appropriate name for that beast.

the one next to it on the stump is a knife I am making for a friend. I am making to match a tattoo that both he and his son have on their forarms. He helped me get going buy giving me a 167 lb peter wright anvil. He is a great friend I have already made him a tomahawk pics are on the tomahawk and spear forum