I Forge Iron

Fastener Black Book

nihal

Guest mod07
The Fastener Black Book is published by the same source. Can any body please comment on its features?

Same source as What? The first half of your post makes no sense as it stands. While you may know what you are thinking about no one else can when you post open statements.

IF you are referring to another item, "same as who", then you should state who that was, in a month this post will be useless, if the outside URL is also gone. Edited by mod07
clarify

I believe that nihal is asking for a review of the Fastener Black Book by Pat Raff and whether that book is as well written as the Engineers Black Book which was also apparently written by Pat Raff, according to Amazon.com. :D

The Fastener Black Book is published by the same source. Can any body please comment on its features?

Guest mod07

while that may be clear now while both threads remain posted next to each other, this will change as future posts are made. Also remember over 50 countries are represented here, and translations lose meaning without the needed details.

Nihal, I have a copy of the book you are asking about. (yes I understood exactly what you were talking about) The book is a very good reference for someone who needs to know what type of bolts and screws are available commercially. It probably goes into more detail than the average home owner needs, but someone who designs assemblies or does commercial repairs of equipment it is really handy. Hope this helps!

Bill Davis

I did a web search for this book and found no listings. Using the map supplied by the URL link, the two companies that were listed as sources for the book did not have any information in their search file. Amazon had no listing for this book.

I did find the book after much looking and the following information was listed

Fastener Black Book is an easy-to-use pocket sized reference book that contains a wealth of up-to-date, useful, practical and hard to find information. Book is wire bound and lays flat for easy reading and access. Features 248 matt-laminated greaseproof pages to ensure glare-free reading and long-life.

Here are just a few examples of the information you will find in the Fastener Black Book:

Inch / Metric Equivalents
Fastener Glossary
Standard Dimensions
Tapping Charts
Fastener Grades
Technical Charts
Reference Tables
Conversion Factors
Thread Pitch Identification Charts
Equivalent Charts

... and more informative charts and references.