I Forge Iron

blacksmith images

Does anyone know where I can obtain some blacksmith images for a website front page? I am going to have a website developed and the fellow thats doing it for me tells me that the graphics I choose should not be copyrighted. I have searched sites like monstertemplates and photobucket but haven't had any luck. I found a couple I like under "blacksmith images" but they mention copyrights. Any help would appreciated.
Thanks, Bob

What is the website for? Bob's backyard blacksmithing? Bob Ironwork co? That would help as to what calibre of images you need.

If you mean photos, I am assuming you have your own shop, if you have an ironwork website. Get someone to do a couple photographs. If your setup en't pretty, do anvil closeups or vise closeups or fire closeups.

Or do you mean logos and things? If so, draw some. It's not hard to figure out something original to do with some hammer shapes some people shapes and some anvil shapes.

good luck!
be merry,
Archie

I'm not real sure about the name yet, even though I'm leaning towards something like Rocking H Ironworks. You hit the nail on the head about my set up not being pretty and thats why I really did'nt want photos of my shop, but that's a good idea about doing closeups. What I would really like is something that depicts an old time blacksmith, such as an artists painting rather than a photo. Thanks for the input!
Bob

I've used some of the stock photo websites for some of that stuff. For a few dollars you can get some images royalty free. Just read the terms. For instance Photo: anvil Was the first hit from searching on blacksmith. I've bought photos from them before. I adjust them using GIMP and turn it into banners etc. I use fonts from font freak because they have a few hundred free TTFs.

I have that brand registered in my county if thats what you mean. I used to use it when I had cattle and horses. Piglet, you fixed me up. Royalty free was the key words I needed. I typed in "royalty free images "and came up with several websites that offer royalty free images for a small fee. One of them ( fotolia) has so many to choose from that I have another problem now, which one to choose.:confused: Thanks for all the help, fellas.
Bob