I Forge Iron

Tool Rack

Until I get a permanent forge built, I'm currently using a portable one I built, so I don't have a lovely hearth to put those tools on that you are using on your current project like hammers (that always seem to fall off the anvil), tongs and fire tools, so I built a rack to put them on. I made it fairly high so I don't have to bend over so far and I,m not accidentally grabbing something by the hot end and it also serves as a place to hang my powerboard. I have it set up between the forge and the anvil so I can grab and return things as I'm passing.

Ian Ross

P.S The shed in the background is the chook house, they may have to find new lodgings as I am eyeing it off as new smithy.;)

15455.attach

Thanks guys, its only a simple idea but it works well for me. Apprentice man I made all the other tools but not the hammers,the two cross peins were made by a blacksmith in Queensland Aus. who had to wind down his business because of ill health