I Forge Iron

Attitude

irnsrgn

We have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day and use with others. We cannot change our past...... The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it and towards others. And so it is with us... we are in charge of our attitudes. Lets stop and think how we react towards others, some times a comment when we are having a bad day or don't agree with others is very hurtful to say the least.

Junior, you hit the head of the nail. Folks are like hogs. You get this many in a room ( virtual or whatever ) somebody's gonna bite another's tail and there will be a squeal. Some will think there are the main hog and try to push others around. No, we are not livestock. Life can be tough sometimes but it IS a good ride. It is what we make of it. Some never get out of Junior High School. Some still think they are Seniors and the rest of us are Freshmen. I can only speak for myself. I am alive by the Grace of God. I've made so many mistakes ( many could have been fatal ) that I'm just glad to be able to get in the boat each morning. :)

The Internet (or any written form of communication) is quite imperfect, to say the least. Inflections and body language can't be read and not everyone is a Shakespeare with regard to commanding the mother tongue. Many times, slights or outright insults are deduced where none were intended.

Abraham Lincoln was frequently depressed and often took it out on those around him. It occurred to him one day that he was in charge of his own emotions so he began making a conscious decision to be positive and friendly in his daily dealings with others. The rest, as they say, is history...

The Eagle & The Wolf

There is a great battle that rages inside me.

One side is the soaring eagle. Everything the eagle stands for is good and true and beautiful, and it soars above the clouds. Even though it dips down into the valleys, it lays its eggs on the mountaintops.

The other side of me is the howling wolf. And that raging, howling wolf represents the worst that's in me. He eats upon my downfalls and justifies himself by his presence in the pack.

Who wins this great battle?

The One That I Feed!