I Forge Iron

Optimistic pricing

Looks like some kind of destroyed blowhorn stake. They are out of their mind with that price. What is it with people trying to sell destroyed blacksmithing equipment as "antique" for a small fortune. I guess people think that because it's metal they should go on antique roadshow with it :P

I agree that he's asking way too much for that damaged piece. I wouldnt be surprised if he sold it though. Anvils are going for big bux lately it seems. I was just at a local farm auction, a peter wright 80lber, which wasn't in very good shape sold for $500!
Another chap on kijiji near me is trying to sell his 142 lber which was chiseled heck on the soft face, and he wants 1300!

I agree that he's asking way too much for that damaged piece. I wouldnt be surprised if he sold it though. Anvils are going for big bux lately it seems. I was just at a local farm auction, a peter wright 80lber, which wasn't in very good shape sold for $500!
Another chap on kijiji near me is trying to sell his 142 lber which was chiseled heck on the soft face, and he wants 1300!

I'm going to start selling all my worn out smashed up tools on ebay...

* 'Antique' Burned out Angle grinder = $450.00

*Stripped socket Wrench 'circa 1984' = $90.00
(that was a good year for socket wrenches)

*Blunted & Broken Chisels = $45.00 each
(while they last)

*Broken cast iron vice, 'Excellent Foreign Quality', would look great on your mantle = $350.00

*Weathered stump (with authentic cracks, splits and insects) = $Asking 300.00

Anyone interested in these antiques hit me up. :P

1: they have not got that price yet and probably will not so talking about it as if they have/will is a bit afore the fact.

2: it does look to me like a steel faced wrought iron stake that would put it at a pretty age and not recent at all.

3: Frelance Fabber where are you at---as I want to avoid there! I was still getting a brand name anvil every year in great shape for under US$1 a pound when I left Ohio 5 years ago. I haven't bought any in NM but I did find two free ones for a friend.

I live in southern Illinois and have had trouble finding affordable anvils also.

I found a 50 lb one that was really chewed up for $45 at a flea market. I bought it and had a machinist at work mill it down past the gouges. Lost 2 lbs and it's real soft but it's the best I've been able to find.

Every sale I've went to that has had anvils they have started in the multiple hundreds of dollars and went up fast from there.

Kendrick

See you are going to *sales* where they are trying to get top dollar for what they have. You need to use my un-patented method of anvil hunting and find the ones folks are willing to almost give away! Once I stopped going to auctions and antique stores I started picking up great anvils cheap. (Why do I feel like I'm channelling a recently deceased pitchman????)

See you are going to *sales* where they are trying to get top dollar for what they have. You need to use my un-patented method of anvil hunting and find the ones folks are willing to almost give away! Once I stopped going to auctions and antique stores I started picking up great anvils cheap. (Why do I feel like I'm channelling a recently deceased pitchman????)

LOL... I'm THOMAS POWERS HERE FOR "ANVIL HUNTING THE RIGHT WAY" :D

You could work for telebrands. hehe