I Forge Iron

fisher norris value

i have a 187 fisher norris anvil (it says 180 but it is closer to 190 so i call it that). i got it for $150 from a friend who got it from a guy who said it was worth $250. i am just interested in its actuall value. it has a very clean horn and slightly chipped edges on one side and almost pristine on the other. i will try to post pics of it.

Fisher anvils have a good toolsteel top plate and a cast iron body. As such they are quiet anvils very good for use in suburban (or urban!) smithies.

If the face has not been softened in a fire and is in good condition $250 for that anvil would be considered *CHEAP* most places.

I have been watching a 20# one on Ebay that is up to about $150 and it is in almost unused condition. Supposedly is from before WWI. A few days before that a 185# one went for $99, was rusty but had sharp corners, no shipping though. Hard to tell what one is worth so I guess it worth what someone is willing to pay for it and what someone is willing to sell it for.:rolleyes: