I Forge Iron

Checking In from Alaska

Greebe

New to the forum. Thought that my first post should be an intro.

Been hobby blacksmithing since I was a kid. I have been stuck in Nome with out a shop for the last three years.

My wife and I are moving out of here in about three weeks and are looking to buy a house with a nice shop. I sold a lot of my things including my anvil since there are no roads to our village and didn't want to have to pay to fly it all out.

I'm looking forward to getting back into blacksmithing again and want to focus on making tomahawks and homestead type of tools.

Thanks,

Greebe

Welcome aboard Greebe, glad to have ya.

Where are you moving to? I'm in Meadow Lakes, just outside Wasilla and would love to have a new playmate buy close to us. I wouldn't even mind letting you knock the rust off in my shop.

Frosty

Thanks.

Frosty--

I think I may have talked to/emailed you years ago when I was in Sutton. Finally got a shop together there and then promptly moved up to Nome.

We 10 acres in Talkeetna that we were originally planning on building a house on when we left Nome. We have made a change of plans and are now going to drive out this summer and see what they rest of the country is like. I'm not sure how we will like it outside, kinda scary with all those people, cars and concrete.

It sure would be nice to have other people around that are interested in blacksmithing. That has been hard for me in Alaska. Not too many of us around and those that are must be hiding.

Greebe

I remember! That's been a while hasn't it.

If you settle back in Talkeetna there are two smiths there now, Kevin Foster is doing some very nice work and has quite a shop. It'd also put us about 60 miles apart, darned near next door neighbors.

If you get to the valley be sure to look me up.

Frosty