I Forge Iron

Just a short note, I attended a weekend given to me by my two boys to work with a blacksmith (Durand's Forge, Trumansburg N.Y.) Very skilled and artistic and I might add patient. Had a great time and found very quickly how much I don't know. Have now enough to go on and begin to do some smithing. Before I left I wanted to know from Durand what I should be looking for in line of tools and possible sources, he mention a few to get me started and then said if I could find a buffalo hand crank blower to get one. Monday I had a customer here getting some lumber and wife was telling him how we spend our weekend, this guy says I have a blacksmith handcrank blower in my garage and its in my way you can have it. So I now have a silent 200 handblower made by Buffalo Forge. All I can say is WOW.
Adirondacker

That's great Adirondacker! That's some of the best advice I was given when I started. Let everyone you come in contact know about your new hobby and your quest for old blacksmithing tools. You will be amazed at the opportunities that arise from that.