I Forge Iron

Anvil Price Help

Hey, after my father died 9 years ago i have had a friend of the family storing his old anvil. all i really can remember about it is that its too heavy for one person to lift and 9 years ago it was in really good shape. I know very little more about the anvil.

I have decided that i will never probably ever have need of a anvil, so i was going to offer it to our friend storing it. unfortunatly he is a car dealer, with me knowing very little about the anvil and what its worth gives him the upper hand.

Im going to go see the anvil but first i need to know how do you price one? and what to look for? so i was hoping for someone to lay some knowledge on me in hopes that i get a fair price but not one that completely rips me off.

cheers Antz

Edited by antzhill
spelling and grammer :D

True prices for anvils.

We need your location, and photos of the anvil from all sides. We need any markings that are on the anvil. A pencil rubbing will bring out some of the hidden details.

You can put it up for auction in the IForgeIron tailgating section of this site. It could then go to a blacksmith where it could be put to use and cared for as a working tool.