I Forge Iron

Some recent things I made!

Well, I got to go out and forge yesterday. I used a make-shift portable forge, because my main forge is undergoing construction (see:http://www.iforgeiron.com/forum/f7/side-draft-chimney-info-10563/). It was a bottom blast- I am surprised how well it worked compared to a (falling apart) side blast.:D

Anyway, I got quite a few welds made!:D

Picture 1: Three welds I made ( The first two are a little sloppy -The heart's weld came undone:mad:; the last one is the first weld I have ever made.)

Picture 2: The best weld I think I've ever made (3/8" stock). It is a cricular wall hook.

Picture 3: A hot cut hardy I made (still rusty) and two square peices that I welded shut (they had holes in them)- Also a LOT of clinker. I had SO MUCH of it...

Picture 4: The hot cut again (and two welds)

Picture 5: The hot cut AGAIN! (I like taking it's picture!:D)

Thought I'd share!

12698.attach

12699.attach

12700.attach

12701.attach

12702.attach

Good bit of practice you had today. Nice weld.

Next time you want to make a heart, try welding two pieces sq. or rd. together at the ends only (like two pencils laying side by side) and draw to points on the ends. Then take a heat and open it up towards one end so it looks like a top with a point on the fat end, then twist the fat end point into the center. Dress it up and there you go.

Doggonit DAN! Beat me this time.

Frosty

Edited by Frosty

Yup! What Archie said, plus that is one big honkin' clinker!
Maybe we should have a gallery just for pics of clinkers?

At the bottom of the make-shift firepot, there was a HUGE peice of clinker (It was circular and fit the whole bottom of the firepot and then some!) ~somewhere around 9 inches in diameter!:o

It was hard to get off of the ashgate I made...