I Forge Iron

My first time

Welund Smith

Well the other night I got to thinking :D

So I went out side got this fire as hot as I can get with wood and trash. I went looking for random metal in the yard I found a cut piece off a car radiator
I stuck it in there it got red then I start to flatting it on the end of the trailer :o so the whole place was shaking now the only thing I had was a hammer regular house hammer the end of the trailer and a channel locks to grab the metal, it was doing find until I realized the metal was thin and wired lol

So I had to get the grander to cut it the way I was wanting it :rolleyes:

Well I can say it was a big project with no tools or the right metal but the knife if you what to call it is good for cutting somewhat and I can throw it like a spear Hopefully I will get pics up but I have no camera so :(

You're infected now, no hope for you. None at all.

Next time take a look around for something made of iron or steel. Poke a piece of black pipe into the bottom of the fire and stick a hair drier on the other end.

The anvil can be anything, even a trailer frame or smooth boulder though heavier and more solid is better and as long as the hammer has a smooth face it'll work.

Not a thing wrong with visegrips, they were invented by a blacksmith who was tired of dropping things from regular tongs.

Then while you're getting good and addicted with the "primitive" smithy you can be watching for more conventional smithing equipment and tools. They shouldn't be too hard to find in your area.

Frosty

You're infected now, no hope for you. None at all.

Next time take a look around for something made of iron or steel. Poke a piece of black pipe into the bottom of the fire and stick a hair drier on the other end.

The anvil can be anything, even a trailer frame or smooth boulder though heavier and more solid is better and as long as the hammer has a smooth face it'll work.

Not a thing wrong with visegrips, they were invented by a blacksmith who was tired of dropping things from regular tongs.

Then while you're getting good and addicted with the "primitive" smithy you can be watching for more conventional smithing equipment and tools. They shouldn't be too hard to find in your area.

Frosty

Well next time when I find some more metal I will will do so :D

Welcome to the dark side!
thanks

Keep that fire going. hehehehe
Now start another knife hehehehehhee
Yeah That was the problem :D