I Forge Iron

New guy here

johnny5

Well... My name is Chad. I am a 29 year old auto tech with a wife and a 3 year old with another on the way. Recently, I have taken a (more) serious interest in metal working. I do alot of custom fab work and GMAW welding in my field. I enjoy every aspect of working with metals and hope to leave the automotive field eventually to focus strictly on the fabrication end of things. Boy, do I love to get a piece of 3/8 round stock white hot and form it into any shape that I may need for an exhaust hanger or what have you - this is what brought me here.

I love to weld, but I really love to learn about every discipline of metal working. I hope to learn alot here and I'm open to any advice.

Welcome aboard Chad, glad to have ya.

Well there's plenty of metal working expertise to draw from here and plenty of reading in the "Getting started, Lessons in blacksmithing and Blue prints" sections. Take a lunch and something to drink, it's easy to lose yourself and need some nourishment along the way.

If you'll click "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location it'll make a big difference. IFI is represented by more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific. Guys in your area can let you know about get togethers, tool deals and lend some hands on help.

Frosty