I Forge Iron

Tom Clark's Ozark Pattern Anvil

Just got back from Potosi, MO. WOW, they have some great stuff left for sale. I purchased an air hammer and a few other items. I asked about the Ozark Pattern anvil and they told me that they WILL be making more, as demand dictates. The next run will be a Tom Clark Memorial anvil with his birthday and passing day cast into the side of the anvil. These anvils are made of S-7 material and are a supper NICE tool. The prices are the same as the older ones. They are currently out of them but have placed an order for the new ones. Ozark School Of Blacksmithing has the contact info. Tell them you heard about the new anvils here on IFI--I Forge Iron.

Glad to hear an update on tom's Sale.
I am passing close to there but not til the day after the offical sale ends.
Which hammer did you buy
I have a SayMak and an really happy with it.
Anyone else going to the sale let us know how things are going and what is left.
Good to hear they are planning to still be in buisness.
Will the school continue ir is that done?

I would still stop by to see if there was anything left even if it is the day after the sale...who knows. I bought the 135# hammer that was listed in their site, also the Edwards shear, and one of the sets of tongs, punched, forging hammer--which is a 2.4# forged Tom Clark hammer. There are several of the new air hammers left, I saw about 10 total when we were there on Friday. Wish I could have stayed longer but it was 5:30 when we got there and had to load everything. Oh well, $$$ saved I guess. TONS of the new tongs left if interested.

BAM is doing a memorial gate out of leaves. Check the BAM site Blacksmiths Association of Missouri for more info.

Your going to love the new used air hammer
Does yours have the two holed in the dies
I made top bottom tooling that bolts to these holes instead of a saddle
Especially for the top die holds everything in place.
Chisel lines in two pieces of plate attach the bolts to make grape vine.
Fuller pipe to make apples, candle holders ect.
A lot easier than a smith magician
I use one bolt on the bottom die and two on the top

Thomas glad to hear you got your hammer. I know you will enjoy it. It is amazing how much stuff is there. You are correct to tell everyone to call first as I know Bob is it NC teaching at the folk school this week. thanks for the post lets keep this close to the top till after the sale.
Phil

I'm excited about it. I was so dissappointed I couldn't plug it in, it has a 4 prong plug-3ph, the motor is 1ph. Tom had put a bracker box at the motor and broke 3ph down to 1ph there instead of at the plug on the wall. I will just wire direct to the motor with 220. Came with flat dies and combo dies....Yes, I am excited!! Phil, I may need to pick your brain about this hammer. Also, the group of tools I got from one of the forge stations, Bob found one of the hammers Tom made and put it in the box! It still has most of the wood stain on the handle which shows me it was used very little, practically new! I really got the whole set just for the punches and drifts but there was a lot of other nice tools, several tools with both Tom's mark and Hofi's mark on them. Also a pair of tongs marked "3-97 Hofi". All of the other tongs are "TomTongs". The Edwards shear in in almost new condition, I did see a very minor chip on the lower blade, but for $75.00 I feel I got a good deal. Would be worth your trip to go if anyone is interested.